Sheet Pan Dinner Series: Crispy Chicken Milanese with Veggies
crispy lemon, garlic and Parmesan baked chicken milanese is complete sheet pan dinner with potatoes and green beans smothered in a garlic butter sauce. What could be better?!
Throw your frying pans out the window for this sheet pan meal! Easy clean up, check! Out of bounds flavor – double check! Juicy Parmesan baked Chicken Milanese is so easy! Crispy, golden, crumbed or breaded chicken fillets (also known as Schnitzels or Milanesas), oven baked instead of deep fried, but with a deep fried TASTE.
This article was adapted from cafedelites.com
How to make oven baked chicken milanese
- The one thing we do differently with our breaded chicken is we doesn’t use flour. And believe me, you don’t miss it one bit.
- Eggs are whisked and flavored with garlic, parsley, lemon juice and salt.
- Coat each fillet with a breadcrumb and Parmesan mixture. Genius flavors, right?
- Bake in your oven for about 20-25 minutes, and out come the most tender-crisp and juicy milanese / milanesas.
- You can substitute breast for chicken thighs if you wish.
How to make the egg wash for Parmesan baked chicken
Since we ALWAYS squeeze juice over the chicken once they’re done, adding juice straight into the egg wash is just as good.
Potatoes and green beans drizzled in garlic butter complete this meal, but you could also use:
- Sweet potatoes
- Brussels sprouts
For The Chicken:
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (or juice of 1/2 a lemon)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper , to season
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 4 skinless , boneless chicken breasts (or thighs)
For The Veggies:
- 8-10 (1 pound | 500 g) baby potatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup butter , melted
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- Salt to taste
- 1 pound of green beans, cut into thirds
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly grease a baking tray / sheet with cooking oil spray, or a light coating of oil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg, lemon juice, 2 teaspoons garlic, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Dip chicken into egg mixture, cover and allow to marinade in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to an hour (if time allows).*
- In another bowl, combine the breadcrumbs with the Parmesan cheese.
- Dredge the egg coated chicken in the breadcrumb/Parmesan mixture, lightly pressing to evenly coat.
- Place chicken onto the baking sheet / tray and lightly spray with cooking oil spray. Arrange the potatoes around the chicken in a single layer. Mix together the butter, 2 teaspoons garlic and salt to taste, and pour half of the butter mixture over the potatoes. Toss to evenly coat.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove baking tray from the oven and carefully flip each chicken breast. Move the potatoes to one side and place the green beans around the chicken on the other side of the baking sheet. Pour over the remaining garlic butter and return to the oven to broil (or grill) on medium-high heat for a further 10 minutes, or until chicken is golden and crisp, and potatoes are cooked through.
- Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley (optional), and serve immediately.