Sheet Pan Dinner Series: Beef and Broccoli
Say hello to the easiest beef and broccoli of your life! No fuss, less dishes, yet it’s 10000x better than take-out. Win-win!
This article was adapted from Damn Delicious.
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 1/2 pounds New York strip steak, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce, divided
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons brown sugar, divided
- 2 heads broccoli, cut into florets*
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
How to make this beef and broccoli
- In a large saucepan of 2 cups water, cook rice according to package instructions; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine steak, 1 tablespoon soy sauce and 2 teaspoons brown sugar. Place steak and broccoli in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Place into oven and bake until steak is browned and broccoli is just tender, about 16-18 minutes.
- In a small saucepan over medium low heat, combine sesame oil, garlic, ginger, red pepper flakes, remaining 2 tablespoons soy sauce and remaining 2 tablespoons brown sugar. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, stirring constantly, until slightly thickened, about 2-3 minutes.
- Serve steak and broccoli immediately with rice, drizzled with soy sauce mixture and garnished with green onions and sesame seeds, if desired.