Rosemary Garlic Roast Beef
This easy roast beef recipe has slivers of garlic and fresh rosemary for amazing flavor. With only a handful of pantry ingredients, you’re just few steps away from whipping up this wonderful, mouth-watering roast beef dinner! Source: https://diethood.com/
Originally posted on https://diethood.com/ recipe by Katerina of Diet Hood.
- 1 (3 to 4 pounds) round roast, fat trimmed off
- 4 cloves garlic, each clove cut in 3 slivers, longwise
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoons salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper, or to taste
- Preheat oven to 450˚F.
- Prepare a roasting pan with a rack set over it; set aside.
- Take the roast out of the fridge at least 1 hour before cooking, and up to 2 hours before cooking.
- Pat dry the meat with paper towels.
- Using a sharp knife, cut slits in the roast and insert the slivered garlic evenly around the whole roast.
- In a small bowl combine olive oil, rosemary, thyme, salt, and pepper; mix until thoroughly incorporated.
- Rub the rosemary mixture all around the roast.
- Place roast on top of the rack that is set over the roasting pan.
- Stick an ovenproof meat thermometer into the center of the meat.
- Put prepared meat in the oven and roast for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 325˚F and continue to roast until internal temperature reaches 130°F for rare, 140°F for medium rare, and 150°F to 155˚F for medium to well done. This can take anywhere from 1 hour and 20 minutes to 2 hours, depending on the size of the roast and desired doneness.
- Remove from oven and let roast rest for at least 20 to 30 minutes before cutting.
- Cut and serve.
For additional information and helpful tips, please visit: https://diethood.com/