Memorial Day Weekend Recipe: The “Best” Grass-Fed Beef Burger
Original recipe posted on https://www.thespruceeats.com/grass-fed-beef-burger-patties-recipe-2098110
I call this the best burger recipe for several reasons. One, this recipe for beef burgers is made with grass-fed beef. That makes these burgers healthier for the environment and your family since grass fed beef is higher in CLA, a heart-healthy fatty acid. Support your local economy and find a ranch near you that supplies grass-fed beef!
The second reason this is the best burger recipe is because these beef burgers are incredibly juicy and tasty, thanks to a secret ingredient: a touch of cream and a light brush of butter on the outside. Note: You must cook these burgers on lower heat, or they will burn.
What you’ll need:
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef (grass-fed)
- 2 tablespoons onions (grated)
- 2 teaspoons heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
How to Make It:
1. Combine grass-fed beef, grated onion, cream and pepper in a large mixing bowl. Do not overwork the beef; just mix until combined. Form mixture into six burgers.
2. Prepare grill for indirect medium heat or heat a cast iron skillet on the stove over medium-low-to-medium heat.
3. Brush both sides of burgers with melted butter. Sprinkle with kosher salt. Cook burgers until desired doneness is reached, about 4-6 minutes on each side, depending on the thickness of the burgers. Let burgers rest 5 minutes before serving.