Memorial Day Weekend Recipe: Sweet & Sour Pineapple Meatballs (Paleo)
This recipe was originally posted on https://blog.paleohacks.com/paleo-meatballs/
These gluten free pineapple grass-fed meatballs are slow cooked in a chili sauce for a sweet and sour appetizer that’s sure to please!
Football season is almost upon us, and that means get togethers and parties! But just because you’re Paleo doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy some amazing appetizers. These Paleo sweet and sour pineapple meatballs are perfect for game day, or even as a main course served over cauliflower rice or zucchini noodles.
These pineapple meatballs are made with 100% grass-fed beef, a homemade sweet chili sauce and pineapple chunks for a tasty way to enjoy a classic appetizer!
What you’ll need:
- 5 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 tsp chopped red chilis or 1 small mild red chili, minced finely
- 1 tsp arrowroot powder
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 – 14 ounce can pineapple chunks in 100% pineapple juice (not concentrate)
- 1 lb lean grass-fed ground beef
- 3 Tbsp almond flour
- 1 egg
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
How To Make It:
1. In a small saucepan, briefly cook the vinegar, garlic, honey, red chilis, arrowroot, ginger, and salt by bringing it to a boil for one minute or until the sauce thickens.
2. Once the chili sauce has thickened, remove from heat and pour in the pineapple chunks and juice, mix until combined, and set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the ground beef, almond flour, egg, garlic, and pepper until well mixed. Using a tablespoon, scoop out the beef mix and gently roll into mini meatballs with your hands. They should be about 1-inch in diameter.
4. Carefully place the meatballs in your slow-cooker, cover with the chili pineapple sauce, and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
5. Enjoy! 🙂