Memorial Day Weekend Recipe: Beef Taco Lettuce Wraps
This recipe was originally posted on https://homecookingmemories.com/mexican-lettuce-wraps-recipe/
Make taco night healthier for your family with this easy Mexican Beef Taco Lettuce Wraps recipe! The lean ground beef is cooked with onions, sweet peppers, and a homemade taco seasoning. Spoon into butter lettuce and add your favorite taco toppings.
My love of Mexican food has been taking a bit of a hit with the healthier eating that has been happening in our home. Some of my old favorites don’t match up to the healthier meals that I’ve been making. Luckily, all hope isn’t lost. There are ways that I’ve been able to work my favorite cuisine into our menu plans.
One meal that is proving to be a favorite in our house is these Mexican-style Beef Taco Lettuce Wraps. We’ve made Asian-style Lettuce Wraps several times, so it only made sense that a taco meat would be a great option for Mexican-style Lettuce Wraps!
What you’ll need:
- 1 lb. Grass-Fed Ground Beef
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 2 small bell peppers (yellow, red, or orange) diced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 head butter lettuce
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Optional Toppings: salsa, sour cream, etc
How to Make It:
1. In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, cook and crumble ground beef with the chopped onion until beef is brown and fully cooked. Drain any grease.
2. Add cumin, garlic powder, chili powder, salt and pepper. Stir to combine, then add the diced peppers. Stir again and cook another 5 minutes or so to heat everything through.
3. Remove lettuce leaves and rinse with water; pat dry. Take each leaf and fill with ⅓ cup meat mixture. Top each taco lettuce wrap with tomato, cheese and any other toppings you desire. Serve and enjoy!