This classic Beef Stroganoff Recipe has tender strips of beef and mushrooms in a sour cream sauce, served with egg noodles. This hearty comfort food dinner is ready in under an hour and will really stick to your ribs! Source: https://www.foxandbriar.com/
WHAT IS BEEF STROGANOFF?
Beef Stroganoff, also called Beef Stroganov is a dish of Russian origin. It features sautéed beef in a sour cream sauce (smetana, a higher fat type of sour cream is used in Eastern and Central Europe).
Originally posted on https://www.foxandbriar.com/, recipe by Meghan of Fox and Briar
- 1 ½ pounds sirloin steak thinly sliced
- 16 ounces crimini mushrooms sliced (2 1/2 cups)
- 2 medium onions thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 1 ½ cups beef broth
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups sour cream
- 3 cups cooked egg noodles
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary chopped
- Cut beef across grain into thin strips. This is easier if you freeze the beef for about 15 minutes to make it firm.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat. Season beef with salt. Cook beef in batches to avoid overcrowding the pan. Brown beef on one side, 3-4 minutes, then flip and brown on the other side. Remove from pan. Repeat with second batch. Remove beef from pan.
- Add mushrooms to the pan, season with salt. Cook until mushrooms have released their liquid and liquid has evaporated, about 10 minutes.
- Add butter, onion, salt and pepper. Cook until onion is starting to soften and turn golden, about 10 minutes.
- Add herbs and garlic to pan, cook until fragrant, about one minute.
- Add wine and scrape up and brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Allow wine to reduce by half, about 3 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, flour.
- Add beef back to pan, then add broth mixture. Simmer 4-5 minutes, or until thickened.
- Remove from heat, stir in sour cream. Serve over noodles.
For additional information and helpful tips, please visit: https://www.foxandbriar.com/