Slow Cooker Cuban Mojo Pork
Slow Cooker Cuban Mojo Pork made with citrus, garlic, oregano and cumin takes almost no prep time and makes a fantastic, flavorful meal your family will love any night of the week! Source: https://dinnerthendessert.com/
Originally posted on https://dinnerthendessert.com/ recipe by Sabrina Snyder of Dinner with Dessert
- 3 1/2 pounds boneless pork shoulder (cut into four pieces)
- 8 garlic cloves
- 1 grapefruit (juiced)
- 1 lime (zested and juiced)
- 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano (or ½ tablespoon fresh oregano)
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 Tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 bay leaf
- In a blender or mini food processor, combine the garlic, grapefruit juice, lime zest and juice, oil, brown sugar, oregano, cumin, and salt, process until blended.
- Add this mixture to a Ziplock bag, along with the bay leaf and pork.
- Let sit at room temperature 1 hour or refrigerated as long as overnight.
- When ready to cook, place the pork and marinade in the Instant Pot. Make sure your sealing ring is in place on the lid. Lock the lid onto the Instant Pot and make sure the steam release knob is in the “sealing” position.
- Press the “MANUAL” button and set Instant Pot for HIGH pressure for 80 minutes. It will take about 10 minutes for Instant Pot to come to full pressure, then the display will show a countdown timer.
- Once the 80 minutes are up, allow the pressure to release naturally. Open the lid.
- Remove the pork from the Instant Pot, leaving the cooking liquids in the pot.
- Press the “SAUTE” button and boil the cooking liquids for 5 minutes to reduce them a bit. Skim off any extra fat.
- Meanwhile, shred the pork using two forks.
- Toss the shredded pork with about 1 cup of the cooking liquids. Season with salt, to taste.
- Serve in tortillas with cilantro, avocado, hot sauce, salsa and lime. ENJOY!!!
For additional information and helpful tips, please visit: https://dinnerthendessert.com/